Site Wide Chat room

Site Wide Chat room

by DeWayne Demland -
Number of replies: 6

Is there a way to set up a site wide chaat room, so that anyone logged in can chat with each other?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to DeWayne Demland

Re: Site Wide Chat room

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The simplest way would probably be to make a course - with just the chat room in it - then enrol everyone in that course and then make a hyperlink on your front page to that chat room.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by DeWayne Demland -

Thanks Mary again.

I have one question, on my main page in the "Main Menu" box I can set up a chat room there. It seems like only the admin can accesses it. What is this option all about?

Attachment Chat.jpg

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It is  because you need a role on the front page to be able to access the chat room - if you change your default front page role to student (site admin>front page settings>default front page role) they should be able to access it then.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by DeWayne Demland -

Mary you are so awsome. It is the little things that I keep getting stuck on.

by mauricio castiblanco -

en el panel de administración "Usuarios" > no aparece "Autenticación" > "Gestionar autenticación". En el menu usarios tengo sólo: "Usuarios" > "Cuentas" > "Permisos" que hago heeeelpppppp