Student tracking module?

Student tracking module?

by Alex Walker -
Number of replies: 3
I have a number of tracking sheets that I like students to fill in to show where they are up to with a piece of work.  For instance, part of one might look like:

Task
Description
Date Done
Date Evidenced
Introduce your scenario

Draw ER diagram

And so on and so forth.  Currrently I have them doing it on paper, because if they just do it on their computer, I don't really get to see it outside of lessons (unless I go through their directories looking for it).

I'd really like to be able to do this on moodle.  The way I have it at the moment is giving them an assignment with unlimited hand-ins and they can submit it as they edit it.  However this doesn't allow me to get an overview of their progress as a class.

Just wondering if there's any way of doing this?  I guess I could set up a quiz, again with unlimited submissions and get them to re-do it each time they've done some work...

Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Walker

Re: Student tracking module?

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Alex, I think it could be perfectly done by the upcoming Data module. Temmu Suumi is working on this module and I'm helping him. Should be available in the CVS next week and released with Moodle 1.5

In reply to Alex Walker

by Karin Ernst -
We are doing this with a Wiki for euch student. Your table would be inside the wiki, the student would add his/her comments. You as a teacher can look up every wiki in moodle. Works fine!
In reply to Alex Walker

by Andy Hawkins -

Hello

We use a journal for something similar. Specific layout  eg heading/table etc is put in the description so it can be copied and pasted into their submission.

At the end, they copy and paste into a WP document for printing as evidence for the exam board.

Not slick but it works. I suspect the other suggestions may be better, and the new data/form module better still. I am looking forward to it.

[Unfortunately, the exam boards have not caught up with online evidence yet. They definitely come into Martin's 'tree killer' category!]

Andy