Font issue with breadcrumb font

Font issue with breadcrumb font

by Jeffrey Wokocha -
Number of replies: 5

I am new to moodle and have just setup a new installation with the 'ability to learn theme'. I noticed that some of the font in the breadcrumb are not visible as shown in the image.

As shown below, the links between the elearning online and Chemistry Forum are not visible. How can i make all the links white?

Breadcrumb font visibility

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffrey Wokocha

Re: Font issue with breadcrumb font

by Roxanne Barrett -

It might be an issue with non-links, visited links and un-visited links. Check out the CSS for the breadcrumb. Firebug is an browser add-on that I've found is really helpful with things like this too. It can direct you to the CSS you want to find.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jeffrey,

Welcome to Moodle!

If you are using Moodle 2.0 and made some changes in the theme's custom settings page, it could be you set your site's default text colour to a shade of blue, not realising it would be used in the breadcrumb navigation block.

And also as Roxanne pointed out a problem with anchor links a, a:link, a:visited, and a:active.

If this is not the case then can I ask which theme you are using and also which version of Moodle you have set-up?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jeffrey Wokocha -

Hi Mary,

I am using moodle 1.9 at the moment. I have played arround with the css file, changing the font color on other areas of the page to white. I just want to change the links on the breadcrumb. The theme i am using it 'The ability to learn'

regards

Jeffrey

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jeff,

Here's a fix which should work.  You should find this code in your styles_color.css which will change the color of the text in the breadcrumb which is not a link.

.breadcrumb {
height:35px;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight:normal;
font-size:11px;
}
.breadcrumb .sep {
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight:normal;
margin:5px;
}

If they are links then you can add the following ...

.breadcrumb a:link,
.breadcrumb a:visited  {
color: #ff0000;
}
.breadcrumb a:hover,
.breadcrumb a:active  {
color: #99cc00;
}

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jeffrey Wokocha -

Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for your help. It now works well. I will take some time to learn how CSS and moodle fits together.

Jeff