Certificate doesn't recognize SCORM grade when set to Learning Objects

Certificate doesn't recognize SCORM grade when set to Learning Objects

by Micky Fokken -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I researched every SCORM posting in this forum and 5- 7 others have run into this problem.  When a SCORM's Grade Method is set to Learning Object, the certificate doesn't recognize the passing score.

What table and column is the certificate looking at when determining the score of the linked activities?

Here is the PHP code that compares the activity grade to the required grade in the certificate settings:

if ($certificate->lockgrade == 1) {
$coursegrade = certificate_print_course_grade($course);
if ($certificate->requiredgrade > $coursegrade->points) {
$a->current = $coursegrade->points;
$a->needed = $certificate->requiredgrade;
$restrict_errors[] = get_string('errorlockgradecourse', 'certificate', $a);

What table and field does it pull $coursegrade from?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Micky Fokken

Re: Certificate doesn't recognize SCORM grade when set to Learning Objects

by Micky Fokken -

BTW - I can't use any of the workarounds posted in the forums below because I have a course with multiple quizzes and SCORMs.  Also, setting Grade Method to Highest Grade causes the gradebook to show 3/3 = 3%.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=171654

If this Highest Grade issue is solved, it may serve as a solution to this posting.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Micky Fokken -

Found a Moodle Tracker issue that may be related.  Will keep you posted.

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-777

[Certificate] required grades using points instead of percentages.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Micky Fokken -

Found a workaround.  In Moodle I changed the SCORM Grading Method to Highest Grade.

(I was originally having trouble with Highest Grade because 3/3 was showing as 3% in the gradebook.  Someone explained that I need to set the Maximum Grade setting (beneath Grading Method) to 3 in the Moodle SCORM settings.  This fixed the gradebook percentages.  Now when I score 3/3, it shows up as 100%.  Maybe we could rename Maximum Grade to Possible Points.)

This still doesn't resolve that the certificate doesn't work with SCORMs with Grading Method set to Learning Object.  For me, this is no longer an issue.  For others, it may still be an issue.