Scorm Gradebook showing 3/3 Points = 3%

Scorm Gradebook showing 3/3 Points = 3%

by Micky Fokken -
Number of replies: 16

Moodle 1.9
Scorm 1.2
Captivate 5

My scorm entry in the gradebook is showing 3/3 points = 3%.  Anyone know off hand what might be causing this?  I've been reading the forums and haven't come across this problem yet.

Also, is there documentation on how I should set my Captivate 5 settings?

I just want the gradebook to either show the correct % or to just show pass/fail.  Either way is fine.

I'll keep looking for an answer later today.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Micky Fokken

Re: Scorm Gradebook showing 3/3 Points = 3%

by Micky Fokken -

Resolved - I changed the Grading Method to Learning Objectives, and it filled our requirements.

Now, if someone passes the 80% threshold in Captivate, it sets the Moodle grade to 100%.  We are good with that for now.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Micky Fokken -

The workaround now doesn't apply.  I must use Highest Grade in order for the certificate plug-in to work.  My testing and all the forums show that the Certificate plug-in is not compatible with Learning Object SCORM setting.

Why is Highest Grade setting my 3 / 3 points to = 3%?

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Ruben Fonseca -

Micky,

I don't use Captivate, but do use Adobe Presenter.  I have run into a similar issue. In the quiz manager settings for Presenter, there is a tab with reporting options.  On that tab, there is a section "Report score to LMS as".  In that section, you should pick Percent so that it is reported to the gradebook as a score out of 100.  This may be similar in Adobe Captivate.

HTH,

-r

In reply to Ruben Fonseca

by Micky Fokken -

Ruben, thank you for your reply.  I'm going to stick with this issue until I find the solution, then I'll update the post with the solution.  smile

I updated my captivate settings, uploaded a new SCORM activity and it still is showing 3/3 = 3% when Highest Grade method is selected in Moodle.

I'll keep researching this when I find time.

Since it works when moodle grading method is set to Learning Object, it makes me think it's an issue with Moodle, not Captivate.

Where does Captivate store the SCORM results?

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Amy Groshek -
When you select the Highest Grade setting then there is a score number, 1-100, that you can choose in a drop-down below that. That number should not be 100 if your sco reports a high score of 3, it should be 3. Have you tried that?
In reply to Amy Groshek

by Micky Fokken -

If that is the solution, I will be very embarressed.  Will try it now.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Micky Fokken -

That fixed it.

I always perceived "Maximum Grade" to mean a percent grade.  I may be the only person who reads it this way. Upon clicking on the question mark next to Highest Grade, it explains "The grade page will display the highest score obtained by users in all passed Learning Objects."  This explains a little better.

However, maybe the wording could be changed to "Possible Points"?

If you all need help with technical writing and documentation, let me know.  I'm an instructional designer by trade and always have to think of easy ways to communicate complex technical terms.

Thanks everyone for the help.  I'm going to see if this fixes my certificate issues now.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Amy Groshek -
Awesome, Mickey! Good job providing all the useful information and sticking with it.

I'm actually not clear on whether the certificate is checking against the gradebook grade of the activity grade itself... it would actually be useful to know that for the sake of SCORM troubleshooting. Let us know if you learn anything.

Regards,
Amy
In reply to Micky Fokken

by Micky Fokken -

Here are some comparisons, my feeble attempt to reverse engineer what is going on.  smile

Sim Quiz Highlighter Tool

Moodle grading type:  Learning Object
Capt 5 Reporting type:   Score
Moodle "Raw Score" data:  3
Gradebook Grade:  1
Gradebook range:  0 - 1
Gradebook %:  100%
Learning Object Is NOT compatible with Certificate plugin

Sim Quiz Temp (highlighter copy)

Moodle grading type:  Highest Grade
Capt 5 Reporting type:   Percent
Moodle "Raw Score" (in track details):  3
Gradebook Grade:  3
Gradebook range:  0 - 100
Gradebook %:  3%
Highest Grade IS compatible with Certificate plugin, but I can't get the % up to 100%

To me, it seems that whe Moodle is set to Highest Grade, it is incorrectly setting the range to be 0 - 100.  It should be set to 0 - 3.  I'm going to try to find the code that determines the Gradebook range and how it corresponds to Highest Grade.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Micky Fokken -

Thanks Amy!  I'll definitely post if I learn anything.  We're bringing on some experienced developers onto our team, so if I get stuck in the future I'll have someone who can read the code in detail.

Hopefully that will translate into more solutions for known bugs for the Moodle community.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Lee Webber -

Hi Micky,
I am having the exact same issue myself, only mine is 12% for 12 questions. I cannot get Moodle to show 100% for all questions etc.
I saw this post and followed your comments, but I still have an issue.
Can you please advise on what settings you have applied in Captivate 5 and Moodle?

I have the following:

CP5
Report Status: Comple/Incomplete
Report to LMS: Score
Report Data: Quiz results and slide views
Slide view completion: 100

Moodle
Grading Mehtod: Learning Objects
Maximum Grade: 12
Attempts; unlimited
Attempts grading: Highest attempt

Any idea where I am going wrong?

regards

Lee

In reply to Lee Webber

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

please make sure you are using the latest stable release of 1.9STable or 2.0Stable - there are a range of bugs that have been fixed in older versions of both that may resolve your issue.

In reply to Micky Fokken

by Paul Keys -

Any more news on this??  It seemed this thread was almost at a solution, then nothing.

This issue is killing our company right now- literally.  We create trainings that are required by our customers for compliance for state regulations. We have lots of users who are just clicking straight through to the test to get their certificate and the state regulating agency is not too happy.

We have 18 scorm/parts in the course. I want to put attestations sprinkled throughout the 18 sections that require users to check off that they've watched the previous sections.  They have to click those to get their certificate

Please, step by step what I do in Captivate and Moodle.  Anyone who does that should be nominated for sainthood!

In reply to Paul Keys

by Amy Groshek -
http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/SCORM_FAQ#SCORM_and_the_Gradebook

Grading method learning objects, and total points must match the ## of scos in the scorm package.
In reply to Amy Groshek

by Micky Fokken -

I apologize everyone.  I thought I had updated this post.  Eventually, after putting 2 people on this project, we found the solution.  The number of possible points in the Moode SCORM settings must equal the total number of points in Captivate.