Journal in Moodle 2 does not give feedback

Journal in Moodle 2 does not give feedback

by Tabitha Parker (was Roder) -
Number of replies: 5

Before I report this as a bug I thought I would ask if anyone else has come across this problem.

I have added Journal to a Moodle 2 install and have two teachers using Journal with a group of students. The students have made entries and the teachers have given them feedback. The students cannot see the feedback from their teachers.

The course settings have "show gradebook to students".

The journal settings I made "no grade" and that is what the teachers see when they write in the feedback. They cannot give a grade. When you edit the journal settings it shows as if grade is set to "100".

Help? Is this a bug I should report or is there something else I should check first? Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tabitha Parker (was Roder)

Re: Journal in Moodle 2 does not give feedback

by Kerry J -

Hi there

The Journal module has been deprecated, which means it is no longer a part of core Moodle and hasn't been since 1.9

With the improvements to the online text assignment, the advice being given is to move instructors over to using that instead.

There is a developer working on the gradebook-Journal connection. You may want to contact him.

Here is a link to the issue tracker for the project:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB/component/10880

Cheers

KerryJ

by David Monllaó -
Hi Tabitha, It seems a bug (or a pair). Thanks for reporting it will be fixed tomorrow
In reply to David Monllaó

Thanks David. Should I put it in tracker or will you? Thank you.

Answering my own question...

Journal activities edition always shows the default grade, 100 - http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-2869

by David Monllaó -
Hi Tabitha, there were two different problems, the other one is that the feedback is not shown on "no grade" journals, I created another tracker entry (CONTRIB-2871) for that.

You can upgrade to the latest version from CVS since now, or wait until tomorrow or saturday to download through the Modules & Plugins link

Thanks for the bug report!