Problem with Separate Groups Wiki- phantom pages!

Problem with Separate Groups Wiki- phantom pages!

by Lauren Kane -
Number of replies: 1

We have a wiki set up by Separate Groups mode.  In the Grouping, there is 1 student per group, so in effect each student has their own wiki to work in.

We have discovered a problem whereby some students see a different view of their wiki than the view the teacher sees.

For example:

• Lecturer goes to see Student A's wiki and sees "Hello world this is my wiki".
  • Student A then logs in and sees "My name is Bob".
  • The lecturer cannot see the page that says "My name is Bob" and Student A cannot see the page that says "Hello world this is my wiki".
  • The student created the page that says "My name is Bob" and we don't know where the other page even came from or who it was created by.
  • There is no evidence to each person that the page the other sees even exists.

The wiki is set up exactly the same as it was last year, and we did not have these troubles then.  This has quite a few of us puzzled, has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Lauren

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Kane

Re: Problem with Separate Groups Wiki- phantom pages!

by Stephen Barner -

It's been quite awhile since this was posted, but the instructor likely needs to be a member of each student group.