Locked Uploadable After Grading

Locked Uploadable After Grading

by Greg Lunsford -
Number of replies: 2

I am wondering why some uploadable assignments become locked after they are graded and won't allow updating to these assignments.

Scenario: A assignment is due but the student doesn't get it in, so the student gets a zero for that assignment. A week later they upload their assignment and the instructor goes to change the grade from a zero to the deserved grade, only to find out that when they open the assignment they no longer have access to the grade feature in that assignment (image below).

I have also notice that these appear highlighted in the assignment and gradebook, why? and they are also labeled as grade when the assignment is opened and instructors are not given the option to update.

Thanks

In reply to Greg Lunsford

Re: Locked Uploadable After Grading

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Greg,

Grades for the assignment can be provided either via the Assignment itself, or via the gradebook Grader report, by clicking Turn Editing on there.

This is what your instructor did, I think.
If one grades via the gradebook, it overrides the grade in the Assignment interface, so it would not be possible to update the grade form there anymore. Yellow background indicates that.
You need to go back to the gradebook and remove the overridden flag for every student grade one-by-one, to be able to grade via assignment interface again.

In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: Locked Uploadable After Grading

by Greg Lunsford -

I will talk with the instructor and see if they would like me to do that.

Thank You for the quick response.