"last access" disappeared from participants list after upgrade to 1.9.11

"last access" disappeared from participants list after upgrade to 1.9.11

by David Prüm -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

after the upgrade from 1.9.10 to 1.9.11 the "last access" column in the "participants list" disappeared (for the role "editingteacher"). I'm not aware of any changes I made in  the teacher role.

Could someone give mit any hints to what could have caused this problem and how to restore the old behaviour?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Prüm

Re: "last access" disappeared from participants list after upgrade to 1.9.11

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

David - I was unable to reproduce this behavior. Would you be willing to provide a screen shot? Peace - Anthony

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by David Prüm -

Hi Anthony,

here is the screen shot.

participants list

I would like to add, that at the same time I did the upgrade I moved Moodle to new hardware and did a database conversion to utf8 (some tables were left on latin1 during former upgrades), possibly one of those factors caused the problem?

For the database conversion I followed the instructions found at: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Converting_your_MySQL_database_to_UTF8

Thank you for your help!

David

In reply to David Prüm

by Anthony Borrow -

David - Could you provide the URL that give you the page in your screen shot? I think I have an idea of what page it is but want to be sure we are in the same place. Peace - Anthony

by David Prüm -

Anthony - the URL is: /moodle/user/index.php?contextid=37924, i can reach this page from any course when I click on "Participants" in the "People" block the sidebar.

David

In reply to David Prüm

by Anthony Borrow -

David - Sorry, I'm not able to reproduce your page. Peace - Anthony

Attachment participants.png

by David Prüm -

Hi Anthony,

thank you very much for bearing with me for so long.

After your email requesting a copy of my user/index.php (which is a pristine copy of the 1.9.11 release), I browsed through the file and found the necessary capability: course:viewhiddenuserfields and indeed it was disabled for editingteachers. When I verified this setting against the backup of my 1.9.10 moodle I found that here this setting was enabled for editingteachers. I'm quite sure, that I did not change this setting during the upgrade.

Is it possible, that the database conversion changed this setting? With the new hardware came also newer releases of php and mysql. Could this affect the interpretation of certain database values?

Thank you very much for your time!

David

In reply to David Prüm

by Anthony Borrow -

David - I did a quick check and did not see where that capability would have been changed by the upgrade. At least you were able to figure it out so that is good. I'm not sure what may have changed it but it does not seem worth spending too much time - I'm willing to just chalk it up as a mystery. If someone else has run into this before or has a theory perhap they may help enlighten us. Peace - Anthony