Recomended Moodle 2 plugins

Recomended Moodle 2 plugins

by .. .. -
Number of replies: 4

Are there any plugins recomended for Moodle 2? We are using it in a corporate environment with less than 500 users.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to .. ..

Re: Recomended Moodle 2 plugins

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

For the moment, be very careful with plugins. The changes from v1.9 to v2.0 are very large. The Forums have clearly demonstrated that most of the favoured plugins are just not compatible with v2.0. Having said that, we have to recognize that updating plugins is a huge job and I do not think that many of the original authors are still developing them, preferring to move onto other things.

My personal favourite, though, is the Book Module, now maintained by Petr Skoda, (Skodak) and he has released a v2.0 version, which I have just downloaded and will be using in my test v2.0 asap...

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

It works well! Petr has done an excellent job but if there is an issue then it would have to be the reuse of the older navigation arrows. I would have thought a better looking arrow would be a preferred option... but if that is my only issue, then - who cares? big grin

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Here is a link to the tracker showing the state of modules being upgraded for Moodle 2.0

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-1988

In reply to Mary Cooch

by .. .. -

Thankyou Mary and Colin. We may look at the book module this time around.