Student Survey Activity

Student Survey Activity

by Cherie Mack -
Number of replies: 7

Our tech department recently updated to Moodle 1.9x version which now includes the activity - Student Survey.  Is there a PDF anywhere explaining this new activity?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cherie Mack

Re: Student Survey Activity

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. There isn't a standard activity called "student survey" as such. There is a "survey" activity - but I though that had been  around for a while and wasn't new. To be honest I don't find it particularly useful as you can't edit the questions at all -which is what I would want if I did a student survey. There are two non-standard survey type modules called Feedback and questionnaire - I wonder if that is one of those you have, but it has been renamed?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cherie Mack -

Hello Mary - I'm thrilled to have you respond!  I'm currently using your book in a workshop for elementary teachers, Moodle 1.9 for Teaching 7-14 yr. Olds - it's great.  Anyway, I'm familiar with the original Survey, what I'm referring to is very different.  I am able to create any number/type of questions.  that part works very efficiently.  As a teacher, I was hoping to get results from the survey in a variety of ways.  At this point I only see the number of questions answered.  It could be this activity is really the Questionaire (which I don't have in the activity list).  If what I have is really the Questionaire, can you tell me if results can be manipulated in a way to organize infomation in different ways?  Thanks for any help.  In the meantime, I'll get with the IT people to see if Student Survey is another name for Questionaire.

In reply to Cherie Mack

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for the nice comments -could you post a screenshot or two of what you see? That would enable us to see if it is the Questionnaire module or Feedback  module or something I have overlooked. What sort of information were you hoping to get from this survey?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cherie Mack -
In reply to Cherie Mack

by Mary Cooch -

Gosh no! This doesn't look like feedback or questionnaire -and it suggests students can create the activity-which they can't for the two I mentioned! I have taken a screenshot of your document to see if others recognise it

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Cherie and Mary,

I think I've tracked it down: it's one of the modules, blocks and patches for Moodle, developed by Paul Daniels and Serafim Panov. You can find it on their site here: Student Survey (Module). Nothing much seems to have happened on the site since December 2009 so it may not be uptodate. it's something I'd like to have, though. Along with a simple quiz maker for students to make quizzes with.

However, from what you write Cherie, you'd probably find Questionnaire more useful. It's a non-standard module that the admin has to install. You can export the results in Excel format and manipulate them as you like.

Cheers,

Glenys

Paul and Serafim have other interesting modules such as Voiceboard and Voiceshadow: students can submit voice recordings to share with peers.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Mary Cooch -

Ah! thanks Glenys- I looked in our module and plugins but didn't find it- now I know whysmile