Creating a Parent compliance presentation

Creating a Parent compliance presentation

by Jon Orech -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am working on something and I want to know if Moodle is a solution.

My Athletic Director wants to create an online presentation to take place of "the meeting" we all do at high schools for athletics.  You know, making sure kids and parents are aware of policies for drugs, behavior, consequences etc.

In the application, the AD wants to be able to:

Have parents "prove" who they are on line.
Make sure parents are compelled to watch the video/presentation in order to be in compliance.
Have a data base by sport to determine who is in compliance.
Have the ability to have parents "sign" the form at the end.

At first I thought Google Forms...but 2 problems exist.  1, I don't know of a way to ensure parents watch the video, and not just buzz ahead and say "yes." 2, I would need to embed a video into the Form, and I am not sure I can do this.

Ideally, what I would like is the same format is what we use here for OSHA stuff like blood-bourne pathogens, etc...which I guess you all have.

So can I do this with Moodle?  if not, other applications?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Orech

Re: Creating a Parent compliance presentation

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You cannot prove they watched the video. You might, with a lot of effort, be able to prove that the video was played form end-to-end on their computer while they were logged in, but you can't tell whether they were actually watching a soap opera on TV while it was playing.

If you really want to prove that the parents know what you want them to know, then set up a basic quiz that tests them on each key point. That way, you don't just know that they watched the video (which you could embed in a description question at the start of the quiz) you would also have evidence that they took in what was in the video, for at least the few seconds it took to put in all the right answers.

You could make the quiz use each attempt builds on last mode, and make them keep attempting it until they got 100%. Or perhaps it would be better to use adaptive mode with no penalties.

Getting people to sign something online is quite hard, so instead you could tell them to print out the quiz review page with all the correct answers filled in, and then sign that and hand it in. With all that dead tree in your filing cabinets, it would be very hard for any parent or athlete to claim they did not know the rules.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Creating a Parent compliance presentation

by Jon Orech -

Thanks for the information.  I will look somewhere other than Moodle.