Need role for viewing all courses but without doanything capability

Need role for viewing all courses but without doanything capability

by Tressa M -
Number of replies: 2

We need an admin 2 type system role where users can view all courses within the site but disallowing this role to create user accounts (we are tying it to LDAP and don't want manual accounts created). I tried the suggested inspector role where you turn on moodle/course:view and tried setting the users as hidden assignment, but like many others here, I don't like that the editing teacher can see the hidden assignment admins. As a result, I have to leave moodle/site:doanything on, but unfortunately this allows for user creation even though I have moodle/user:create turned to prevent.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tressa M

Re: Need role for viewing all courses but without doanything capability

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tressa,

You can create such a role in Moodle 2 by editing the default manager role and removing the moodle/user:create capability.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Need role for viewing all courses but without doanything capability

by Tressa M -

Unfortunately we aren't going to upgrade to Moodle 2 until later summer. I should have clarified that we're using 1.9.9. Any suggestions for the older version?

Thanks.