Help needed now with QA testing

Help needed now with QA testing

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi to all our QA testers!

As Martin posted in the general developer forum, we're hoping to release Moodle 2.0.2 this Monday.

To ensure a top quality release, we're trying to run through a complete QA testing cycle by Monday. If you can spare a little time in the next few days to run a test or two from the list Moodle 2.0.2 QA, it would be much appreciated. Please see the documentation QA testing for a quick reminder of what to do. The Moodle HQ team in Perth have done a great job so far and have passed 58% of tests. Hopefully, with your help, we can make a 100% pass rate for the 2.0.2 release! smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed now with QA testing

by Clarence Prudhoe -

Hi Helen,

I just posted a comment to http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-25553.

This bug was said to have been fixed in Moodle 2.0.1+ (Build: 20110217)
but I still can't get Import OR Restore to work.

Thanks,

Clarence

In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Clarence, thanks for your help with testing. I just nudged Eloy to reply to your comment in the tracker issue.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Elena Ivanova -

Helen, can we please update the qa.moodle.net to the 2.0.2 version?
I would be happy to test, but I cannot get installs locally. I belive that other people can be the same boat smile

Thank you!

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Helen Foster -

Elena, please do use the QA Testing site - that's what it's there for! It's currently using the very latest 2.0.1+ which will be repackaged as 2.0.2 assuming we don't come across any problems during testing (known as "regressions" in developer speak).

In reply to Helen Foster

by Brent Lee -

Helen,

I have set aside 16 hours to test this weekend. Can you direct me where I can get 2.0.2 downloaded from? I want to test it on some of our production sites here.

Cheers,

Brent.

In reply to Brent Lee

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Brent,

As per Helen's reply to Elena above, Moodle 2.0.2 is not yet available. You have to do the QA tests on latest 2.0.1+ at the moment!

Joseph

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: QA testing big thank you

by Helen Foster -

A big thank you to everyone who has helped with our QA testing for Moodle 2.0.2 at such short notice. approve

We've got through almost all the 194 tests in record time and currently have a 95% pass rate! Fantastic!