Files seem to disappear when uploaded through the image icon in editor

Files seem to disappear when uploaded through the image icon in editor

by Isabelle Langeveld -
Number of replies: 7

I just started a whole new Moodle site in 2.0. Weird problem The files of the images I place in the labels using the Insert image icon in the editor can not be found back. If I try in another place to link the same image, again using the image icon in the editor, there is no image in the Recent Files. But, if I enter the Link Picker via Add a resource, all the files are there!

How can this be? Is this a Permissions issue? I'm admin! I work on a MacBook with Firefox, nothing special.

Thanks for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isabelle Langeveld

Re: Files seem to disappear when uploaded through the image icon in editor

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I do not understand "If I try in another place to link the same image..."

Could you please describe step-by-step (without missing any step) what you do?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Isabelle Langeveld -

Yes I'm sorry. Here's what I see.

If I go to the File picker via Add a resource I see this:

filepicker

Quite some files!

Now I go to the Editor because I want to choose an image I have already uploaded. I want to place it in the label next to the image that's already there. I click on the image icon:

click image

And I see the File Picker. No where are all the files I already uploaded. I only see 1!I think I put it there through Add a resource, but I'm not sure thoughtful

So how is it possible that I can't find my uploaded files using the editor??? Is it a Permissions thing?

I hope my question is more clear now...

Isabelle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there - just a  couple of thought s- you won't see other file types when you click the image icon because it will only bring up files of the type of the icon (ie in this instance, images) Also - your image that you uploaded previously should be located in server files in the section where you uploaded it before. For example - I uploaded an image to section 3 and then I went to section 4 to display it there as well. When I clicked on recent files it wasn't there ( confusingly, I agree) but when I clicked on server files and went to section 3 I could access it there.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

correction -yes - it IS in recent files - maybe I looked too soon!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Isabelle Langeveld -

Thanks! Your answer helped us to find the solution. I made the mistake of using 'save as' when uploading a picture and then I forgot to give the right extension. Thats why the images seemed to have disappeared.

by Ginger England -

This helped one part of a problem I am having.  I was not adding the file extension.  I am addinging images using the Insert/edit Image option.  Now I can see these files in Recent files, but not in Private or Server files.  Is that right?  What am I missing? 

In reply to Ginger England

by Mary Cooch -

You won't see them in private files unless you originally uploaded them into  your private files. I think you should see them in server files though, in time.