2.0 Gradebook save and show next issue

2.0 Gradebook save and show next issue

by Jim Eisentrager -
Number of replies: 3

I am running a paperless classroom using moodle 2.0 as my platform.  I have assigned assignments and students have submitted those assignments.  When I go to grade them the following issue occurs.

I click on the "grade" hyperlink and grade the assignment.  At the bottom of the page, there is an option to save or save and show next.  When I do the save and show next option it will take me through my students in ABC order.   When the last assignment is graded the only option is to save.

The next screen returns me to the list of students that have submitted that assignment where I can see the grades that I just graded. As I scroll down I notice that the save and show next option has skipped seemingly random students through the process.

I can go back and grade them individually, but have to save each one and then scroll down throught the list of students again to grade the next skipped one.

My question is..

1. What is happening here?

2. Can it be fixed?

3. Is it possible to not default the list of all students to the top after saving each individual grade?

In reply to Jim Eisentrager

Re: 2.0 Gradebook save and show next issue

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Jim,
It's not the Gradebook, but Assignment activity grading interface smile Your question would be better asked in the Assignment module forum.

I have tried to replicate your issue, but I do not think I could.

In reply to Jim Eisentrager

by Stephen Livesey -

Hi Jim,

I have a tutor with the same problem but I couldn't recreate. I wonder if this is browser problem - IE? Did you ever find a solution? 

Cheers

Stephen

In reply to Stephen Livesey

by Bob Puffer -

Post should be moved to Assignment (as Elena mentioned) and user should be moved away from IE.  Honestly, considering an internet browser is the single most important information gathering tool in the world you would think we could reasonably expect a higher rate of understanding on its workings (and not workings) and options for when it doesn't work (like FF or Chrome).  We are educational institutions, right?