invalid email address

invalid email address

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

On manual accounts I have invalid email address message.  I have chcked the allowed and disallowed domains so I have no idea whats happening.

If it makes any difference its a UK academic extension

first.last@ourdomain.ac.uk

Basically my users canoot get any further at the moment

Any ideas would be great

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: invalid email address

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Check the SMTP connection, that would be the place to start I suspect. Go to Administration > Server > Email and check the values there are correct. If something has changed either there or with the email service, then it is not going to work. Even a security update on the email server can cause a disruption to the Moodle service. (I don't really know why, but it seems that the technology right through from Moodle to SMTP is all a bit sus, well according to one Network tech I worked with, and he was very good.)

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Sej Lee -

This may sound stupid but i bet its not an email problem. Ive posted a similar problem on this forum about 3 weeks ago but the difference was i was doing a bulk user upload. I recieved the exactly the same error. The solution had absolutely nothing to do with email addresses. The error was actually too many users in my CSV file.

Im not suggesting this is your problem but i have now come accross 2 other instances where the error msg is not accurate. Have a good look at all your settings. Ignore the email address error for now and see what else could be the problem. I just tested UK extension with my moodle and no problems.

The other place i get an email error is the ID Number.

Hope this helps

Jay

In reply to Sej Lee

by Kirtiman Sharma -

I had the same problem. The solution was very stupid. In my case there was a space at the end of the email address. As soon as I removed the space, every thing worked like a charm..

Average of ratings: Useful (2)