User quiz problem

User quiz problem

by Thomas Haynes -
Number of replies: 5

Hey - This is a problem posed to me as the Moodle Admin. I am also a teacher and use the quizzes. I have never had this problem. Any clue?

I am having another Moodle issue that seems to have popped-up out of the blue.  I cannot edit an existing online quiz (i.e. modify questions already part of an online quiz), nor can I create any additional questions of any type (multiple choice, matching, true/false) for existing quizzes.  Even if I create a new online quiz, I cannot add any questions to it.  I click on "create new question" and it just says "loading" forever before it times out eventually.  Any idea as to what the problem might me?  I have pop-up blocker turned off.  I've never had this issue before.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Haynes

Re: User quiz problem

by Deb Smith -

Are the people having this problem listed as editing teachers?  Or are they listed as non-editing teachers?  If the latter, that is probably the cause of their inability to edit.  If so, can their status be changed?

In reply to Deb Smith

by Thomas Haynes -

She is an editing teacher and a course creator.

by Thomas Haynes -

Curiously, she reports that edits are fine on campus, and not possible off campus. She is on a school laptop, so that variable is gone.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That strongly suggests that the problem is somewhere on the network, not with Moodle itself. So, look at firewalls, etc.

by Jackie Rygg -

I kind of stumbled into this one ... and I'm not certain I understand the full problem, but .... have you checked what category the quiz questions are listed under?  If they are under a specific quiz activity instead of a course category you wouldn't be able to create more quizzes from them.  I had the same problem and just had to move the questions to the correct category and then I was fine.