View assignments that need to be graded

View assignments that need to be graded

by Rory McDaniel -
Number of replies: 4

I recently upgraded my site to Moodle 2.0. I tested it out several times in the past on a test server just to make sure things would be working OK. The upgrade went without any problems.

I was certain that when I tested it, on the main course page, the teacher would view a notification under each assignment that showed the number of assignments that needed grading.  Now that I've upgraded, I can't find a way to display this notification.

Is it possible under each assignment to see this? So for example:

Assignment 1

• 4 assignments need to be graded

Assignment 2

Assignment 3

• 24 assignments need to be graded

And so on.

Can this be done? I am the server admin, moodle admin, and teacher wrapped all into one, so I have access to whatever setting I need.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rory McDaniel

Re: View assignments that need to be graded

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Rory,
If you wil go to My Moodle page -  type /my at the end of your moodle instnce URL, e.g. http://moodle.org/my, then you will be able to see such info there.

You can also install Grade Me block: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=115588  smile

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Rory McDaniel -

That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

In reply to Rory McDaniel

by Mike Craddock -

I tried the /my option and could not see assignments needed to be graded.  I'm looking for a Moodle 2+ solution for this.  GradeMe has not been updated...also tried the AJAX Marker and it doesn't work quite right. Anything else out there?

In reply to Mike Craddock

by Rob Monk -

This is the feature I miss most after upgrading to Moodle 2.0.

The Grade Me block was great but is not 2.0 compatable.

The new feature to show only items that need grading is good but you still have to open each assignment individually to veiw them.

The Grade Me block was so time saving that I would actually recommend people not upgrage to 2.0 until it is available.

Teachers need a "one stop shop" to show all the assignments in their course that need grading. This is a massive time saver.