shifting quiz dates

shifting quiz dates

by jim bullard -
Number of replies: 1
I am curious to know how I can remove the quiz restrictions of opening and closing dates. I would like to simply have the quizes be available anytime throughout the course. Also, (and maybe if this could be solved I would not need the above) when I have a course that spans a certain date range I want to map one quiz to each week, but when I want to reschedule the courese (lets say move it forward a month) the quiz opening and closing times stay the same. This makes it annoying if I have to go in and change each open and close time. thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jim bullard

Re: shifting quiz dates

by Gustav W Delius -

This has been a long-standing issue in Moodle. I have learned from Martin that originally course home pages were always in weeks format and all dates were relative to the week in which the activity was placed. However this was dropped when the topics format was introduced. This feature of relative dates is now still waiting to be re-introduced.

The other feature that you request, namely the option to make dates optional is also still waiting to be implemented for all activity modules with dates. Currently your only option is to put the start dates in the far past and the closing dates in the far future. This is not really satisfactory.

As an interim workaround you may be interested in the date management screen, see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9697.