can students see each others uploaded file?

can students see each others uploaded file?

by eda karacelebi -
Number of replies: 2

I want to give a homework to the students about challenges and I want them upload a picture or a video from their project. Then in a forum, they will make comment about their uploaded work. But the problem is, in uploading file, when the students upload file, just the teachers can see it. Is there a way to allow the students see those uploaded files?

I think about the forum, there is also an uploading file part but for just 500 KB..

Can you please help me? I want to allow them up to 5 MB and everyone should see each others files..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: can students see each others uploaded file?

by Randy Orwin -

Eda there are a couple of approaches to your problem. You could just use a forum and change the "Maximum attachment size" within the forum itself.  Click on the drop down list next to the Maximum attachment size option in the General section of the forum update page. You should have a list of limits all the way up to the maximum file size allowed in your course or if set, the maximum file upload size on your server. If you can't get a maximum of 5 MB or greater you will need to update the php settings on your server allowing for larger file size uploads.

The other option would be to create a Database activity with a file upload option. Everybody could see the files and you can either have the discussion in a forum or use the comments featuer in the Database activity. Good luck!

In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: can students see each others uploaded file?

by Tiffany Morgan -

We had a teacher who wanted to do something similar. They created a glossary which allowed files and text to be uploaded and the glossary "term" was the student's name. Maybe, not ideal, but it worked for her. Good luck!