Unknown DDL library error

Unknown DDL library error

by Wenceslao Fernández -
Number of replies: 3

Hi smile

I´m upgrading a Window´s based local Moodle 1.9.10 installation in order to update old 1.9 courses to Moodle 2 version, and got this error page

dll_error

Both are today's versions Windows Moodle 1.9.10+ used to restore the courses (with no problems), and an standard Moodle 2.0.1+. After restore the courses, just renamed the old moodle folder and placed the new files. The upgrade starts, pass the server checks, then got some minor warnings (hot potatoes, journal, lams...) anda after press Upgrade got the problem. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Salu2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wenceslao Fernández

Re: Unknown DDL library error

by Wenceslao Fernández -

???

Instead of the standard package now I have used the moodle folder included in the Windows package and all works fine surprise. The system upgraded to Moodle2 with no warnings, I have got the backup courses and I have restored them to my Moodle 2 without problems.

Is there a difference between folders 'moodle' in the standard package and the Windows package? thoughtful

Salu2

In reply to Wenceslao Fernández

by Robert Coss -

Wenceslao > what do you mean “Instead of the standard package now I have used the moodle folder included in the Windows package”?

I got the same error when trying to upgrade 1.9+ to 2.0.

1. I removed all my 1.9 files.
  2. I uploaded all my 2.0 files.
  3. I copied my config.php back over.
  4. I started the installation which led to the error.
In reply to Robert Coss

by Wenceslao Fernández -

Hi Robert smile

I was trying to update just some courses from 1.9+ to Moodle 2. I was not updating the whole platfform because it is in use and we are not ready to upgrade yet.

So we installed a 1.9.10+ Windows package in a local computer, restored the 1.9 course backups and then upgrade to Moodle 2. First time we used the stardard package (usually for Linux) and we had the problem, then we downloaded a Moodle 2 Windows package and copied just the moodle folder from this package to the 1.9 Windows installation and it worked fine.

I allways tought that moodle folder was the same in Windows than in Linux... but obviously there must be some differences, at least in the packages we  had dowloaded.

Salu2