Studid question: I've imported my quiz, how to I add it in to the course?

Studid question: I've imported my quiz, how to I add it in to the course?

by Francis Vila -
Number of replies: 5

I successfully imported my quizzes from a Moodle 1.9 site to my new Moodle 2 site (hurray!). They appear as quiz categories.

Now I am trying to add them into the course.

• When I select activities -> quiz in the course, I get a long page for entering a new quiz, but I see no way of making use of existing quizzes.
  • When I select Settings > Question bank > categories, I can see a list, but no way of applying them into the course
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francis Vila

Re: Studid question: I've imported my quiz, how to I add it in to the course?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am guessing that you have imported your questions in Moodle2.  You have to create a new quiz and then add the questions from the question bank into the actual quiz.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Francis Vila -

Hi Emma,

Yes that's what I have been trying to do...

In the add quiz page, the only reference to the the question bank was a link called Question bank > questions (in Settings) see quiz1.png enclosed

When I click there, I get a page where I can move the questions from one category to another, but I see no connecton with the previous link (see quiz2.png).

What I would expect would be that inside the add quiz page (quiz1.png) I should be given the choice of a) entering a new question b) picking a question out of the bank. I could not find how to do that.

Francis

Attachment quiz1.png
In reply to Francis Vila

by Francis Vila -

new reply for second image, couldn't get 2 images in the same message...

Attachment quiz2.png
In reply to Francis Vila

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok - I think I see what you are doing.  You are creating the quiz fine but then you are going to the Question Bank instead of accessing the question bank from the quiz.

Click on Quiz that you have created.  Then in your Settings box (normally in left hand column unless you have it docked and click on Edit Quiz.

This will bring you to a dialog where you can then access your question bank and add questions to the quiz.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Francis Vila -

Thanks, I managed to edit my quiz.

I have a suggestion for Moodle's interface: someone who just created a quiz is probably going to want to edit it, and if they have a questions bank, they probably want to tap into it. So I think the Edit quiz link should appear right in the middle of the page of a newly created quiz, possibly with the question bank already open.