Windows server: Profile pictures are not showing

Windows server: Profile pictures are not showing

by Nuha Alkhatib -
Number of replies: 3

We restored a moodle instance (just the database and the data files) into a new Windows Server 2003 R2 with MySQL and IIS6. One of the problems we are facing is that the profile pictures are not being uploaded or displayed. If I'm uploading a picture to an account that didn't have a picture, the picture does not get saved under the users folder and the database does not get modified to flag that this user has a picture. If the profile had a picture already (from the old instance we copied), the picture does not get displayed, the default picture gets displayed instead. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nuha Alkhatib

Re: Windows server: Profile pictures are not showing

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Are you using Moodle 1.9 or 2.0? If it's 1.9 then make sure that there are no blank lines at the end of your Moodle config.php file. The very last characters in the page must be the closing php tag, "?>". There must not be any spaces or carriage returns after that.

If that doesn't fix it then see if anything in this thread helps: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=44271

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Nuha Alkhatib -

Thanks Luis for the response. I don't have any spaces or characters at the end of my config file and I checked the posting but it doesn't have an answer for my problem.

I'm useing Moodle 1.9 and my pictures are not even being saved when uploaded.

In reply to Nuha Alkhatib

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

It could be a permissions problem. Make sure that your IIS web account has read and write access to your Moodledata folder.