Modifying Fusion for Moodle 2.0

Modifying Fusion for Moodle 2.0

by Pasha Antonenko -
Number of replies: 14

I am trying to change the color of <h1 class="headermain"> and not having any luck at all. Same goes for changing the color of the links. All of these are listed in theme > fusion > style > core.css. Any help will be appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pasha Antonenko

Re: Modifying Fusion for Moodle 2.0

by Brian Powell -

I am trying to get rid of the headermain all together.

In the frontpage.php I see this code:

<div id="region-header">
<h1> class="headermain"><?php echo $PAGE->heading ?></h1>
<p class="tagline"><?php echo $tagline ?></p>
</div>

When I delete the <h1> through </p> it disappears but then everything else shifts up.

I am pretty decent with CSS and customization but for some reason I am stuck on this one.

Any help would be apprciated.

In reply to Brian Powell

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Brian,

Why not just delete the PHP section, the bit between the <h1></h1> tag...like so...

<div id="region-header">
<h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $PAGE->$heading ?></h1>
<p class="tagline"><?php echo $tagline ?></p>
</div>

That'll fix it!

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Powell -

Hey Mary,

Thanks for your help.  The text still shifts up on the frontpage.  Here is a video of my problem http://screencast.com/t/naDYzsMnEE.

Thanks again.

Brian

In reply to Brian Powell

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Good morning Brian,

OK assuming you are opting to take out the php in the frontpage.php file you can do one of two things.

Either add h1 to the .headermain in the core.css like so...

h1 .headermain {
margin: 0;
float: none;
font-family: "Trajan Pro", "Lucida Sans Unicode", Arial, Helvetica, Sans, FreeSans, Jamrul, Garuda, Kalimati;
font-size: 3em;
line-height: 1;
text-shadow: -0.05em -0.05em 0 #000;   
color: #fff
}
which will style the <h1> tag and thus preserve it's place on the page,

or

add the following to the core.css file...like so

.headermain {
margin: 0;
font-family: "Trajan Pro", "Lucida Sans Unicode", Arial, Helvetica, Sans, FreeSans, Jamrul, Garuda, Kalimati;
font-size: 3em;
line-height: 1;
text-shadow: -0.05em -0.05em 0 #000;   
color: #fff ; < make sure you add the semi-colon to the end of this line first
visibility: hidden;
}

You could also do the same for the 'tagline' that's if you want to lose that too?

.tagline {
color: #a2a3a6;
text-shadow: -0.1em -0.1em 0 #000;
visibility: hidden;
}

Hope this helps?

Mary

PS: I loved the video...makes life much easier then you know exactly what's happening. Thanks.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Powell -

You're amazing Mary!  Thanks!  I will try all of those today and let you know if they work which I'm sure they will.

As far as the video goes, I used Jing.  Free and really easy to use.  I think Moodle should encourage all Moodlers to use it for support.  It would help us all solve problems a lot faster.  Spread the word.  http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Powell -

Ok, I looked and failed again.

How do I add the menu at the top?

Here is my sample site thus far - www.briankpowell.com/moodle

In reply to Brian Powell

by Mary Evans -

Hi Brian,

I nearly wrote and explained how to set up the menu, after your previous comment, but decided you probably knew! How wrong I was! LOL

The Custom Menu works dynamically, but you have to trigger its' presence by adding some text into a text-box in the Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme setting's page.

Read my replay to this same problem in another thread HERE

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Powell -

That was it again.  What a nice looking theme.

Thanks Mary!

In reply to Brian Powell

by Mary Evans -

Hi Brian,

So glad you got the menu working now. Fusion IS a very smart looking theme, but I like how you have customised your site...it looks pretty good for here!

Mary

by Pasha Antonenko -

Has anyone else noticed that the header text (i.e., site name and course name) shows up about half an inch lower in IE 8? There are other glitches in IE that I could report and even though I hate IE - so many people are still using it!

by Mary Evans -

Hi Pasha,

It would be very helpful to know what other things you have found to be wrong with this theme in IE.

The dropped header I think it more to do with the Box Model for IE as it differs from the norm. Most page elements are rendered differently.

Thanks

Mary