Anomaly theme breadcrumb color

Anomaly theme breadcrumb color

by Brent Watson -
Number of replies: 14
Hello,

I am trying to modify the color of the breadcrumbs in the Anomaly theme and am having little luck. I have tried adding the following code to the theme's style_color.css with no results:

.breadcrumb a:visited {
color:#fff;
}

I also tried it in the theme's styles.css file with no luck. Since the theme inherits styles from the standard theme, I also tried modifying the styles_color.css from the standard folder.

I would like to have the breadcrumbs be white, but I don't know how to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brent
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brent Watson

Re: Anomaly theme breadcrumb color

by Maryel Mendiola -
Hi Brent smile

I customized Anomaly and my breadcrumbs background is in orange color

If you like I send you the zip to your email (just send me a message) it is 372 Kb

look the screen shot

cheers
Attachment anomalyorange.jpg
In reply to Maryel Mendiola

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Maryel!

Could you please send me the modified theme shown (yellow breadcrumbs) above? I've been looking for a yellow theme that is close to moodle.org's theme. So far what you've done looks really nice.

Frankie Kam
boonsengkam@gmail.com

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Maryel Mendiola -

Hi Frankie smile

I've just send you the zip by mail

just remembre is a Moodle 1.9 Theme

Best Regards

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Maryel Mendiola

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Many thanks Maryel !!! It sure looks nice...AND THAT"S JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!!!! That's WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR! Ah...now my quest is over.

But how do I rate your post? I don't see any "Rate This Post" link...OK I see it NOW.

DONE! wink

This one's a KEEPER. Check out my screenshot. It's the sincerest form of flattery....a paid compliment to moodle.org huh, DON'T YOU THINK?

Frankie Kam, Melaka,
Malaysia

In reply to Brent Watson

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Shouldn't the colour tag read #ffffff for white? ie 6 'f's not 3.

Richard
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Thomas Hanley -

Hi Richard,

Actually this is the optimal way to write this value, because this way a) you save time typing and b) you reduce the number of characters in a style sheet so that it will download as quickly as possible. Have a look here:

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/speed/tweak/hex/

~thomas

In reply to Thomas Hanley

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks Thomas

Learn something every day (and usually a lot more than 1 thing!)

Richard

In reply to Brent Watson

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Brent,

Try this...it will make all the text color on the breadcrumb 'navbar' white (including hover and active, as well as the '>' separator).

You can add this code to the bottom of your styles_color.css

.navbar .breadcrumb .sep {
}

.navbar .breadcrumb a:link, .navbar .breadcrumb a:visited {
}

.navbar .breadcrumb a:hover, .navbar .breadcrumb a:active {
color:#fff; /*change this color only if you want a different color in 'hover' and 'active' mode */
}

Hope this helps...let me know if it doesn't

regards

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Brent Watson -
Hi Mary,

I tried adding this to the styles_color.css file in the standard theme folder (I assume this was the right file). It didn't change anything for me.

I then tried it in the styles_select.css within the Anomaly theme folder - still no luck. Interestingly, the one parameter that is in this file already is for the separator - I changed its color to white and it showed up.

It seems like your solution should work, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong for the actual breadcrumbs.

Thanks for the help,

Brent
In reply to Brent Watson

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
NO! NO! NO! You should NEVER change the Standard theme's documents/files as this is part of Moodle's central theme. Moodle only uses the Standard themes CSS files if it cannot get the information from the current theme. Anomaly in your case.

You need to change the CSS files in the Anomaly folder. Look for a css file called styles_select.css and add the code to the end of that file.

By the way, the reasone I told you to put the code in the styles_color.css in my previous reply was because I was assuming there was a styles_color.css in your Anomaly theme folder.

You should see a change in your website after you refresh the screen, that's if you have done it correctly!

Let me know how you get on.

Mary

In reply to Brent Watson

by Mary Evans -
Apologies for my last post...I didn't read all the way down to the end after I read Standard Theme in your post! I just panicked!

If the color still doesn't show, even in the styles_select.css, then try adding !important after the color hex code: example:

.navbar .breadcrumb a:link, .navbar .breadcrumb a:visited {
color: #fff !important;
}
In reply to Brent Watson

by Mary Evans -
Try this instead...it works on my Moodle site

.navbar a:link, .navbar a:visited {
}

.navbar a:hover, .navbar a:active {
color:#fff; /*change this color only if you want a different color in 'hover' and 'active' mode */
}
In reply to Mary Evans

by Brent Watson -
Arrgh, I tried your suggestions and am still having problems. It's weird (at least to me!) that I can change the separator color fine in the styles_select.css file but the changing the code per your suggestions doesn't do anything. Can something be overriding this file? I tried looking at it with Firebug, but I only see references to styles.php.

The site address (if it helps) for the Moodle part is http://www.vwmdevelopment.com/testkitchen/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=111. Click on "Click here to view a list of all available recipes" to see the breadcrumbs.

Again, thanks for all your help on this...

Brent
In reply to Brent Watson

by Mary Evans -
.navbar .breadcrumb { color: #fff} if you want it white