Lesson module and Moodle XML

Lesson module and Moodle XML

by Francisco Sánchez Molina -
Number of replies: 7

Hi!

I use "import feature" for create a new lesson. I use moodle XML format for this purpose and all types of questions work well except matching type. In preview lesson, I can view the matching type, but when I answer correctly, the lesson doesn't jump to the next page. What it is wrong?

PD: This is the example

"

<question type="matching">

<name><text>Matching question</text></name>

<questiontext format="moodle_auto_format"><text>matching text</text></questiontext>

<image></image>

<generalfeedback><text></text></generalfeedback>

<defaultgrade>1</defaultgrade>

<penalty>0.1</penalty>

<hidden>0</hidden>

<shuffleanswers>1</shuffleanswers>

<subquestion><text>Q1</text>

<answer><text>A1</text></answer>

</subquestion>

<subquestion><text>Q2</text>

<answer><text>A2</text></answer>

</subquestion>

<subquestion><text>Q3</text>

<answer><text>A3</text></answer>

</subquestion>

<subquestion><text>Q4</text>

<answer><text>A4</text></answer>

</subquestion>

</question>

"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisco Sánchez Molina

Re: Lesson module and Moodle XML

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Francisco,

Interesting, a Multiple Choice question worked correctly?  I assume the question was imported in a file that  question bank exported?   Question bank does not store jumps that Lesson uses and I have always had to put in the jumps when ever I import a GIFT file into a lesson.

I used Moodle 2.0 and fcreated 2 questions in a quiz, a matching and a multiple choice.  I used question bank to export them as a Moodle XLM file.  I copied that file and added the code you gave to it at the end.   When I created a Lesson and imported questions, I got the same result with both files. The matching questions showed "This page" which is the usual default when Lesson can not find a jump.

Interestingly, the multiple choice did not have any answers, nor any jumps.   I think that is a bug in 2.0.

I do not think you other question types  to the next page in a lesson, only if you set it to 1 attempt.  Could be wrong.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

Hi Chris! Yes, I created all the questions with "Quiz module" editor. When I have all the questions I export them to a moodle XML format file. After than, I imported in a "Lesson module" The others types of questions (True/False, multichoice, numeric and short answer) have the jumps to the next page. I try to answer a "True/False", and only when I answer correctly the lesson continues (with more than four attempts). I think that is a problem with the jumps, but only with matching questions. Thanks! PD: Sorry for my english.
In reply to Francisco Sánchez Molina

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Francisco,

Which version of Moodle did you use?  You could report this as a bug in Tracker.   The way you describe it, I think you are right.

I use GIFT and most of the questions I deal with are multiple choice or T/F.  I have created a couple of Word macros that get rid of most of the GIFT formating features and make it "pretty".   I use the macro when someone asks me to print up an exam.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

Ok, I will look at the bug tracker, and if I can't find anything similar, I will report it.

Thanks!