Capability to grade / review one assignment only

Capability to grade / review one assignment only

by Emmanuel Jaep -
Number of replies: 2

we currently have set up one course with several assignments. However, one (and only one) of these assignments should be graded by an external teacher. As a consequence, only this assignment should be visible to this external teacher.
On top of that, as the exercise is confidential, we have to make sure that no-one aside this external teacher is able to review the assignments.

For the time being, I have the external teacher as Guest of the course and non-editing teacher on that particular assignment.

Is it enough to guarantee confidentiality?
Is there a way to force the 'revocation' of rights on the assignment from other people (the equivalent of a ‘deny right’ on NTFS / Novell)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emmanuel Jaep

Re: Capability to grade / review one assignment only

by Steve Bond -

I think I would duplicate the teacher role, call the new one 'external tecacher' and set the 'grade assignments' capability to 'prevent'. Give this role to the external in your course.

Then override the permissions within the assignment, so that 'grade assignments' is set to 'allow' for the external teacher, but 'prevent' for all other teachers.

I think this would do it, although I'm not really sure whether the override to 'allow' is enough to outweigh the existing 'prevent'; you'll have to test.

Steve

Average of ratings: Useful (1)