social forum swap possible ?

social forum swap possible ?

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
A collegue has a course in social format. In the activity area she has a second forum. Since another part of the course is reached, she wants to swap the forums, so the displayed forum on the course page becomes the one from the activity area.
Is this possible ?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: social forum swap possible ?

by Jan Dierckx -
Koen, my suggestion:
- put the course in topic format or weeks format
- make a copy of the social forum (using backup / restore, but why am I telling you this, you translated most of this module smile )
- delete the social forum
- put the course back to social format
- an (empty) social forum will be recreated automatically
- now you can move discussions from the forum from the activity area to the social forum... (using the drop down menu at the top)
PROBLEM: you will have to move the discussions 1 by 1

I have looked at the database structure of the forum module for an easier way, but it looks more risky. Tell me if your colleague has lots of discussions. Then I will take a closer look at it. Maybe there is a MySQL statement which could be used....

In reply to Jan Dierckx

Re: social forum swap possible ?

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Thank you for the suggestion Jan. Once I'm trough correcting I'll give it a go.
Given the lack of response, this is more something like a feature request I believe.
What makes a forum a social forum?