user name switch

user name switch

by Jen Jacks -
Number of replies: 4

I am using Moodle at my school and we've been having a problem with user names switching in the forums.  Even when users are logged on as themselves, their posts will read as if they are from another person in the course.  This happens to teachers and students alike.  Is there any way to fix this?  It's frustrating for everyone since it is impossible to tell who has really posted which posts.

I would greatly appreciate any advice you have!

Thank you.

Jen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jen Jacks

Re: user name switch

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

I am working on this right now, soon I am going to need some testers to try some patches. It is quite complicated because it happens only on some sites - I am not able to reproduce it on my test sites.

If you could send me by email your server configuration, php.ini and output of phpinfo, it would help me a lot. I need to gather as much information about affected sites as possible. I would keep this information private.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Teemu Sumi -
I have one site with that problem. I will send you the details.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Jen Jacks -

Please do send me the details about your site.  I have no clue how or why this has happened since it hasn't before.

Jen

In reply to Petr Skoda

by Jen Jacks -

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will speak to our director at the school and keep you posted.

Jen