Cannot find the quizzes i created

Cannot find the quizzes i created

by Ivan Gashtilov -
Number of replies: 16

Hi there,

I am having a little issue over here and I would really appreciate if you can help me out. I have been looking for similar question over the forums, but could not find any, and if there was I apologize for repeating it. So here is my problem:

- I have one Course category; with two courses. Recently I have created four quizzes in the activity module from the image bellow:

img

Couple of days after that i had to re-organize the structure and i deleted one of the two courses i had, where those four quizzes were. So now i have to get the same four quizzes in my new course (which I created on the place of the deleted one) and i was wondering is there a way to get those four quizzes back, without doing them all over again?

Just to make things clear - when i was deleting, i deleted the whole course (including the articles and those four quizzes). I did not delete the quizzes specifically.

I will be thankful if you can point me in the right direction, because that would save me a lot of time.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ivan Gashtilov

Re: Cannot find the quizzes i created

by Itamar Tzadok -

If you have a backup of the course you deleted you can restore those quizzes to the new course from the backup by 'adding data to existing course' and selecting to restore only the quizzes. If you don't have a backup I don't think there is a way to restore the quizzes. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Amanda Ramos -

I have to agree with Itamar... If you saved them in the course and you don't have a backup of it, it's probably gone sad I did the same thing once and I lost all my quiz work, so the next time I saved it under Default for System.

by Ivan Gashtilov -

Thank you very much for your answers. I re-created my quizzes so it is fine now. From now i will just save them in the system big grin

Anyway, i have another question - How can i delete a submitted quiz result? What i am trying to do is add several questions to one of my quizzes, but because i was testing it the other day, i already submitted one score. Now every time i go to the Quiz --> Results, i try to delete it by ticking the box in front of the result and then clicking on the DELETE SELECTED ATTEMPTS button, but nothing happens. The page just refreshes without the attempt being deleted. Or better if you can tell me how to add those extra questions to the quiz (because this is my primary objective) I would be grateful.

Thanks

by Itamar Tzadok -

You must delete all attempts before you can edit the quiz and add questions. A screenshot may help figuring out why you can't delete the attempt in your quiz. smile

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There was a bug to do with delete selected attempts recently. What version of Moodle are you running?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ivan Gashtilov -

Hey Tim,

Sorry for late replying. The version i am running is 1.9.9 (Build:20100609).

Thanks

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That version had the bug. It was fixed well before the 1.9.10 release. The bug number is MDL-23377, but you probably won't be able to access that, because there were (minor) security implications.

If you can't upgrade, then the patch you need to apply is http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/mod/quiz/report/overview/report.php?r1=1.98.2.55&r2=1.98.2.56.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ivan Gashtilov -

Dear Tim,

I cannot thank you enough for your help! I added the code, and now it works fine! I managed to delete the previous attempts.

You are really a life-saver smile

by Tim Hunt -

Well, actually, it was me who introduced that bug, just before the 1.9.9 release was made, and no one noticed until after the release, so perhaps you should be cursing me, not thanking me wink

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ivan Gashtilov -

No wonder you helped me solve it with such precision and swiftness

big grin LOL

well i am not one of those who like to dwell in the past so the important thing is that now the bug is fixed and its all working well cool

Credit to you, for stepping up and admitting it though tongueout

In reply to Tim Hunt

by mart van der niet -

Hi Tim,

I seem to running into the same problem

from /mod/quiz/report.php, logged in as admin, Moodle 2.0.2 I can select attempts, but they won't go away when I choose 'delete selected attempts'

In reply to mart van der niet

by Tim Hunt -

You need to provide some more specific information about your situation, because it works when I try it. (Have you tried turning on Debugging?)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by mart van der niet -

Tried it again today, and it worked, but I don't understand why.....

Let's not spend any more time on this, if it happens again I'll go into debugging etc.

MN

In reply to mart van der niet

by Orestes Mas -
Picture of Translators

Some weeks ago I noticed that "delete selected attempts" doesn't work (in Moodle 2.0.2+) if you are working with a subset of the students, i.e. one particular group.

As a workaround, you have to select "All participants" prior to selecting individual attempts and deleting it.

At least, it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

In reply to Orestes Mas

by Orestes Mas -
Picture of Translators

Maybe this issue is a ressurection of an identical issue (now closed) in Moodle 1.9.9: See MDL-22847.

Should I reopen the issue?

In reply to Orestes Mas

by Mat Dolton -

Hey,

I have 2.0.2 and I have just found the same issue.  Can't remove attempts when looking at individual groups, thanks for the work around.  is there a fix for it?