Using Moodle for Staff Development File uploads

Using Moodle for Staff Development File uploads

by Michael Kolak -
Number of replies: 1

I am trying to us moodle for a staff development site and I want users to be able to upload files for all others users to see and use. What would be the best way to do this? I have tried using upload a single file, upload a pdf, and advanced uploading of files under add and activity - assignments option. However this not creating what I want. What I want to see is a list of files that have been uplaod  under the topics on the course home page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Kolak

Re: Using Moodle for Staff Development File uploads

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

We are talking just teachers yes? You could give them teacher rights to the course , make a folder in the course files area and get them to upload into that folder directly through the course files link in course admin - then you set up the add a resource>display a directory option and then in the central section wherever you want you can display the relevant folder.

Other ways if you don't want to give them editing rights is to get them to upload to forum or a database activity -  but then you won't get the folder view.