Open Course Booking System - Invitation

Open Course Booking System - Invitation

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Over the last months we had several requests from corporate clients for a course administration tool supporting online and on site courses in complex organisations.

After several discussions we are starting now with developments. We checked several other tools and decided to use the Moodle core system as engine for this development. The development will be as open as possible and we invite you to participate.

Requirements:

• Course catalogue for all types of courses
    • Visibility of courses based on user profile fields (only visible for hierarchy level 2, or only for sales people)
  • Extended user profiles
    • corporate information
    • department
    • hierarchy
  • Enrollments
    • Approval processes
      • by superior
      • by HR manager
      • by course creator
      • by teacher
    • Course access by preconditions (results in other course)
  • Certificates
    • Limitation of vaildity
  • Extended MyMoodle 
    • Actual courses
    • Course where I'm a teacher
    • Course history - Certificates
    • Courses from my team members (for superiors)
  • Reports
    • course reports
    • system wide reports
    • category reports
    • report generator
    • course export on screen, as PDF, csv,...

The implementation ist planned in this way:

• use of a Moodle 2.0 instance as administrational tool connected with one or more Moodle systems for online courses. This means online Moodle course system can be updated independently
  • system data exchange via Web Services
  • modular development of new functionalities
    • new enrollment processes
    • cancellation process
    • course catalog
    • expanded MyMoodle page
    • report engine
  • new or expanded functionalities
    • course type: on site course
    • curriculum for connected courses
    • filtering for visibility
    • certificates on global level available
    • waiting list function

The Concept gives a quick overview. A first version should be available in a few weeks.

We are interested in your comments and invite you to participate.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Open Course Booking System - Invitation

by mousam kumari -

Wow..We needed this for a long time..I am definitely interested in this development..

by Just H -

Hi Ralf

Sounds like a very exciting development. Pretty sure there are things in the list that would be of interest to my organisation. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your work smile

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ralf,

that is very interesting project, indeed. Such a toolset would be useful not only for corporate sphere but for bigger universities/faculties, too. I believe Moodle 2.0 offers very flexible framework for the development of your project. Besides obvious web services API you could benefit from core supports for tags. As we can see in other web applications, tags may be powerful concept for information organization if they are used in a clever way.

Let me suggest that you start your project in a public git repository (at http://github.com for example) so that other developers can easily make their own clones of the project and send you their contributions to be included in your tree.

by Andrea Konuma -

Ralf, This looks like just the module we need for a corporate application. Any updates on your progress would be great.

Good luck with the development!

by maarten b -

Hi Ralf,

I'm also interested in this concept, can you give us any updates on the progress?

Thanks, good luck and regards

In reply to maarten b

by Anthony Williams -

Hi Ralf This sounds exactly what I need.

Are there any  further developments to report?

Thanks

Anthony

In reply to Anthony Williams

by Michael Flahive -

Hi Ralf This sounds exactly what I'm looking for.

Are there any  further developments to report?

Thanks

Michael

In reply to Michael Flahive

by Ray Lawrence -

Just past the 2 year anniversary of the initial announcement, any developements?

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by haritha b -

When i create a new course in my moodle site,i want all the users to be informed about it through mail. Mail has to contain a link of the course enrolment page. Users will submit their nominations and based on their eligibility, some of them will be enrolled int course. Can any one please tell me how this can be done? I have a deadline to meet