The latest version of Face-to-face is now in CVS! This version if for Moodle 1.9, and has primarily been tested with Postgresql and PHP 5.
This release changes the back-end database structure of the module substantially so I suggest taking a backup of your database before upgrading. The changes are mainly around storing signups for sessions - so it would pay to check all cancellations and signups are consistent with what was recorded before upgrading the module.
- Removed hardcoded references to the mdl_ DB prefix
- Fix upgrade from 1.5.0
- Fix mysql incompatibilities in upgrade script
- Stateful signups, allow for multiple booking states
Previously, signups were either active or cancelled, and if the session had no time set then active signups were classed as waitlisted bookings. Now in 1.6, signups move between multiple states, and their history is recorded.
- Multiple types of attendance
When attendance is taken there are now multiple values to choose from. These are recorded in the user's signup status history and include partial attendance (a 50% grade), full attendance (100%), or no show (no grade).
- Option to require manager approval before booking's are confirmed
There is a now a configuration option to require manager approval for bookings. When this option is chosen, when a user signs up to a session they are put in a "requested" state and there manager is sent an email. The email contains a link to the attendees page for the session where the manager can choose to approve or decline their report's booking requests. When a user has been approved their status moves to "booked" or "waitlisted" depending on the type of session. A declined status allows the user to re-signup to sessions. The attendees page can still be accessed via the normal fashion through the course, and an users with the takeattendance capability can also approve or deny requests.
- Save booking/attendance history for a session
As described above.
- Allow booking of a session over maximum capacity
Overbooking is now a configurable option for a session. If enabled, users can still sign up to a session when it is at capacity. These users gain the "waitlisted" status, and if a cancellation occurs the first user in the waitlist queue takes the newly available slot and moves to the "booked" status.
- The ability to assign users as trainers to sessions
Trainer roles are now assignable at the site level. If any roles are chosen, users with those roles in the face-to-face activity's course can be assigned to a session and appear in the session's details. They have no extra abilities, this is purely for display purposes.
- Prevent taking attendance for a session that has yet to finish
- Improve session details view
- Only display location pull down if more than one location exists
You may be aware there was a previous announced version of Face-to-face in CVS that was last updated in November 2009 (I have tagged this at version 1.5). You may well be using this already, however I have included it's release notes here to show everything that has changed since the last released version (1.4).
- Calendar entries for students and teachers
- Calendar entries for all sessions (site-wide events)
- Custom fields (defined site-wide) for session details
- Session details can now contain HTML characters
- User timezone is used in reminder emails
- Add a new capability for determining whether or not overbooking is allowed
- Split add/remove attendees into two difference capabilities
- Allow users to enter duration like "1:20" (1 hour and 20 minutes)
- Ability to set the user profile fields to be included in attendance exports
- User search now looks in username and idnumber fields as well
- Support for multiple third-party email addresses
- Support for ID number at the activity level
- Move activity settings over to formslib
- Add an index page for Face-to-face help pages
- Optimised attendance exports
- Add duration column to attendance exports
- Use a date column for timestamp columns
- Moved most forms to formslib
- All pages are now valid XHTML
- Prevent users from cancelling after the session has ended
- Fix the order of how multi-day sessions appear
- Check session capacity on the signup page (for direct links)
- Fix backlinks on the attendance and signup pages
- Add missing course parameter to user page links
- Fix broken exports when user profile fields are missing
- Proper redirections from error pages
- Fix SQL error on new instances
Due to changes in the database structure, any associated blocks will no longer work. I plan to release an updated version of the Face-to-face block shortly.
Face-to-face is being actively developed by Catalyst IT, so if you have any bug reports or feature requests please be sure to let me know!