How to do more than 2 languages?

How to do more than 2 languages?

by Justin Higgins -
Number of replies: 2

We have an issue where we teach or reteach the same course in as many as 6 languages with translation. We are finding that when we are going to the third language we are running out of characters in the INPUT text boxes for titles. Has anyone else had this problem and have a workaround?

I would like to avoid duplicating modules within a course or duplicating courses by language if possible.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Higgins

Re: How to do more than 2 languages?

by Michael Kuntz -

Hi Justin,

It sounds as though we have the same need. We are moving from a predominantly English site to adding around 15 languages. I am having the same problem and am wondering how to expand the capacity of the text input boxes.

Would really like to know how to fix this issue!!

Michael

In reply to Justin Higgins

Re: How to do more than 2 languages?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I do not think this is easily solvable. Many one-line input fields (for titles, headlines, subjects etc) are limited in the database scheme. Even when we use the maximum what supported databases offer, the limit is 255 characters (for example for the activity names).