Support for community contributions added into AMOS

Support for community contributions added into AMOS

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
AMOS module at http://lang.moodle.org now allows community members to participate on the translation of Moodle 2.0 strings. Read Translation 2.0 for details of how users can use AMOS to translate strings and send them to the maintainers for review and inclusion into the repository.

I am going to start a thread in the forum in Translating Moodle course at lang.moodle.org to describe this feature more.

Thanks in advance for testing and bug reports smile
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Support for community contributions added into AMOS

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I've tried it, for the moment only to make some small changes on existing french translation, and it's cool smile
And Nicolas Martignoni was able to validate it.

I just think it would be better (for the maintainers to validate)) if shown changes was more precise, like in mediawiki : just the characters or words that changes, and not the whole sentence wink

Séverin
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Support for community contributions added into AMOS

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
David, I think sam wrote some diff code in ouwiki that will just show the changes between two one-line strings, like mediawiki does. That might help you implement this request.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)