Assignment Upload - no 'success' message

Assignment Upload - no 'success' message

by Laine Phillips -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I regularly get multiple assignment submissions from new students because when they upload an assignment file they do not get a 'Thanks, your assignment has been submitted successfully' type message, so they keep reloading the same file over and over and then email me to ask what is going on.

Does anyone know, is this something that is being addressed by developers of Moodle? It seams a simple thing that would be easy to solve.

We use version 1.9.6

Smiles

Laine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laine Phillips

Re: Assignment Upload - no 'success' message

by Keith Landa -
Your students should not only get a "File Uploaded Successfully" message when their files are finished uploading, they should also be able to see a link to the file that they uploaded when they return to the assignment page, so that they can confirm that they uploaded the correct file. See screen shots from this forum thread:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=157016
In reply to Keith Landa

by Laine Phillips -

HI Keith,

Thanks for you response a few months back. I must have email notifications off as I never got it and have just had a read now. The students see their file fine, but they do not get a notification message like your screen shot. Is there somewhere that this can be toggled on/off?

Smiles

Laine

In reply to Laine Phillips

by ben reynolds -

I have to agree. I just tested in 1.9.4 and got no acknowledgement, although I know that other messages are working fine.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Laine Phillips -

Its fine after the students start using the site, but at the start of each intake there is invariably some confusion, with students loading the same assessment 3-4 time as they are not sure it has been submitted...