how can I enroll students manually?

how can I enroll students manually?

by Arasp Kazemian -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I have a simple question.

How can I enroll the students in a course manually?

When students register in website they can see the courses and they can enroll themselves to the course.

I want them to see the course but not be able to enroll the course by themselves.

I also do not want to use enrollment key because they may share the key to each other.

what is the solution?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arasp Kazemian

Re: how can I enroll students manually?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. Put an enrolment key on your course (inside the course in adminstration>settings) The students willl not know the key if you don't tell them. That stops them getting in. Then in the course administration block click on assign roles - then student. You will see on the right a list of potential students - you select and move across to the box on the left the ones you want to be enrolled in the course.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jay Knight -
You don't even need to do the enrolment key bit, just set "Course enrollable" as "No", then you can add them manually, but they can't enroll themselves.
In reply to Jay Knight

by Janice H -

I have a question about enrolling the student manually. Before I can add the student manually, what do I or the student need to do?

How do I place them as a selection on the list as an option to enrol them?

I feel like I am missing a stage in the enrolment process. But, I am not sure what it is.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Janice

In reply to Janice H

by John Andrewartha -
You probably need to use a flat file or CSV.
The docs for same are at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Upload_users

If you omit the password field then Moodle will auto generate a random one. Students then only need to use the forgotten password on the login page.

Hint ask the admin to relax the character restriction on login names to allow and use student email addresses as user names.

John