guest access (partial) to quiz

guest access (partial) to quiz

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 3
I want to give potential students a feel for the course, before they make the commitment to sign up. The Guest access option (1.9.8) allows access to all the text pages but none of the quizzes. Is it possible to choose which text and quizzes are revealed? I should like to show the first unit, its quizzes and other activities (but nothing else) to guests, so the students know what they are signing up to. An additional option would be to allow the quest to take the enabled quiz.

Thank you

Velson Horie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: guest access (partial) to quiz

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Velson,

Please see the question about guest access in the Quiz FAQ for an explanation of why guests can't participate in quizzes and a suggested workaround.

Just moving this discussion to the quiz module forum...
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: guest access (partial) to quiz

by Velson Horie -
Helen
Thank you.

This solution allows a guest to access the course. However in order to allow a guest to access only some quizzes (5) in a course (of 47 quizzes), I think that 2 groups need to be set up. One group (with only the guest) is allowed to access the first 5 for all time and another group (which changes with each overlapping cohort of students) is allowed access to all 47 for the duration of that course.

Is there a way to include or not a group separately for each quiz? I cannot see a way of specifying which group should have access to which quiz.

Velson