How To Show Passing % of quize?

How To Show Passing % of quize?

by Sudip Das -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,

Before starting Quiz i want to show student what is passing criteria of the particular quiz.
Before starting quiz it is shown that:

Grading method: Highest grade

Time limit: 4 mins

Now with this information i want to show following message:

Passing criteria for this quiz is : 80%

How is this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sudip Das

Re: How To Show Passing % of quize?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can type whatever text you like into the quiz introduction box.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sudip Das -
Hi Tim,
Thanks for Answer. But my case is little bit different. I have a custom field called "desig" in user table. Depending upon designation passing % changes. So i have to show different passing score for different login according to designation. Say there are three designation student, teacher,headteacher. Pass % are 70%,80%,90% respectively. Now when student logged into the system i want to show message like that "Your Passing Criteria is 70%" but when teacher logged into the system it will show a message telling that "Your Passing Criteria is 80%" and so on...

I will manage report section. nothing worry about this.

So is the above situation is possible or not ? if possible please how?

or you can share any idea regarding the situation.
In reply to Sudip Das

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I hope that you have used custom User_profile_fields rather than directly changing the user table in your database.

So, to do exactly what you want will only be possible by customising the code - Moodle does not really have the concept of a passing grade, certainly not a different passing grade for each user.

So, before we try to explain, are you expecting to customise the code, and how much do you know about Moodle development?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sudip Das -
Thanks Tim for your reply.

I am not so much aware of Moodle development. But if you suggest me the way Then i can try to customize code.

hoping your help.
In reply to Sudip Das

by Tim Hunt -
Well, Development:Finding_your_way_into_the_Moodle_code#Finding_a_way_in might help you get started.

The page you want to change is mod/quiz/view.php, and it should be fairly clear where it prints the information like the time limit. (Around line 100.)

You might also like to look at the places where it calls quiz_feedback_for_grade lower down. You could change that to print a passed/failed message.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sudip Das -
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have done it. My requirement is successfully done.

Thanks boss . this type of help give en-through for working. You have suggested just what i need.

hoping further help..