Is it possible to add custom buttons to a web page?

Is it possible to add custom buttons to a web page?

by Rick Humphries -
Number of replies: 3
Hi everyone,

Using moodle 1.9 here.

I'm creating a moodle site for a new course I'm developing and would like to add depth to the web page resource option.

Is there any way of incorporating buttons into the web page (with an 'up' 'down' and 'over' state). When clicked I am hoping to link to other web page resources within the same moodle site itself.

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Humphries

Re: Is it possible to add custom buttons to a web page?

by Terry DeHoyos -

Great question, I'd also like to know if it is possible to add buttons (with states). I do know that you can link other Moodle web page resources by executing the resource and copying the URL that it generates then linking its URL to text or an image.

In reply to Terry DeHoyos

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Terry,

It is possible to do that, but this is a web-development question, not a Moodle one.  smile
So, if you are looking for a build-right-into-moodle user interface to create such buttons, then it is not there.
But if you know how to embed buttons into any webpage / html - you will be able to do that easily in Moodle webpages as well.

I cannot recommend any specific tutorial, but there is a ton of them online smileHere is a very simple one.

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Terry DeHoyos -

Hello Elena, recently I had the opportunity to use the "simple" html button and it met our needs. I actually used two, Back and Next. Thank you!