deleting gradebook items

deleting gradebook items

by Sally Morrison -
Number of replies: 10

I am trying to reset my class for the new school year. I have deleted the students from last year and the quiz attempts as well as the categories. However, I cannot delete the items in my gradebook.

I have asked my IT people and they cannot help me. They also said that Moodle was just updated but they do not know what version we are using.

In reply to Sally Morrison

Re: deleting gradebook items

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry for asking the obvious question, but did you press "reset" in course administration? And are you saying doing this did not delete items from the gradebook?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally Morrison -

Yes, I pushed the reset button. smile That is how I deleted the students and the categories. But, I still have quizzes there.

My reset button says delete items and categories. I thought that my quizzes would be considered items. But I can't get them to go away.

I want to consolidate some of the quizzes and delete the rest so that my gradebook looks neater and is easier to use.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
No - course reset doesn't delete the actual resources/activities; just the results of them . When it says items, it means scores in the gradebook ,not items on the course page.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally Morrison -
Oh, ok. So, how do I delete the quizzes from my gradebook?

by Mary Cooch -
You will have to delete them from the course page
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally Morrison -

The course page is the very first page you see when you log in, right?

I have my page set up in topic format. I have deleted all the resources and all of the topics.

I still have quizzes listed in the gradebook. How do I get rid of them? Do I need to delete all the questions from each quiz? Do I need to make all of the quizzes worth 0 points?

by Mary Cooch -
When you log in you should get a list of courses and you click on the one that is yours. That will be your course page. If you have deleted a quiz from your course page then it should no longer appear in the gradebook. Did you previously have more topics than now? And you changed the number to fewer? Did you have quizzes in those topics which are now not showing?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally Morrison -

I have deleted all of the quizzes from my course page and they are still on my gradebook.

I used to have 15 topics and now I have five. I deleted all of the resources from all of the topics.

I have changed the quizzes to have no questions. And, I have set the quizzes to be worth 0 points.

The quizzes still appear in my gradebook.

I have been messing around with this for a while. I have created some practice quizzes just to see if/when they appear in the gradebook. As soon as I create the quiz it is in the gradebook. But, I cannot delete the quiz no matter what I do.

p.s. Thank you so much for taking your time to help me with this.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally Morrison -

You are an absolute genius!!!! I am doing a major happy dance right now. big grin

You asked if I had more topics than I do now. I had 15 and I reduced it to 5. As soon as I went back to 15, all of the quizzes reappeared. I just deleted the topics, not the quizzes. When I deleted them from the topic section, they were gone from the gradebook.

I had tried this before, but since I still had students listed in the class, it would not let me do this. But, since I had deleted the students this time, it let me delete the quizzes.

Whew, what a relief!

by Mary Cooch -
Glad it worked! I often hide topics in this way but they , along with their grades, are still there so it was just a hunchsmile