Moodle 2.0 the 8/2 build "You have reached your file quota limit."

Moodle 2.0 the 8/2 build "You have reached your file quota limit."

by Mat Enders -
Number of replies: 7
When attemptiong to upload a video file of 100MB to a course i received the error "You have reached your file quota limit.".  In php and in moodle I hahave the file upload limit set to 1GB.  I have successfully uploaded a 64MB file to my personnal files then inserted that file into a course.  However when attempting to upload a file of 100MB directly into the course I get the above mentioned error.  Where is this quota and how do I change it.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mat Enders

Re: Moodle 2.0 the 8/2 build "You have reached your file quota limit."

by Mat Enders -
Solved

For some reason the quota limit imposed on a users private files affects the amount of files uploaded to a lesson. I changed the setting for private files from the default 100MB to 1GB and all works now.
In reply to Mat Enders

by Ken Stokowski -

Where do you change the settings for private files to 1GB? I have looked all over.

In reply to Ken Stokowski

by Marc Thoma -
Where I change this limit??
In reply to Marc Thoma

by Marc Thoma -

cool Site administration > Security > Site policies > User quota

In reply to Mat Enders

by Rimphy Darmanegara -

Hello,

Does anyone have experience setting the file size to very large size? I need this because the moodle instance i'm working on will only allow one user to add files. Other users just download what she uploads.

Now I set it to 18446744073709551615, i get this number from wikipedia(I know this is too much :D)

Will I be seing unpredictable behaviours in the future ?

Many thanks.

In reply to Rimphy Darmanegara

by Alex Walker -

Yes. When I tried to set the maximum upload size and maximum POST size above 2GB on a machine running 32-bit PHP it caused an integer overflow, which resulted in the maximum upload size and POST size becoming -1GB. Users couldn't even log in or submit forms, since anything is bigger than -1GB.

In reply to Alex Walker

by Rimphy Darmanegara -

Hi Alex,

Are those settings in php.ini file? I dont think that should be a problem for my moodle install.

Since my users(teachers only) will be limited to upload 10 MB/upload, but all the files will go to one user private files section. Only this section shall go bigger and bigger.

In Admin's "Site administration > Security > Site policies > User quota" only limits up to 100MB