Repositories in current build - dead?

Repositories in current build - dead?

by Mark Drechsler -
Number of replies: 6
Just wondering if anyone has managed to get any external repositories working in a recent build of 2.0 - I'm tearing what little hair I have left out when I configure Moodle to connect to Flickr and Youtube using connections which have worked fine in Preview 4 and ending up with results like this - this is in Preview 4+ (Build: 20100802).

Just not sure if I'm the only one having massive fails with Repositories, or if I'm doing something wrong on the Flickr/YouTube side, or if they are meant to be broken in the current build.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Drechsler

Re: Repositories in current build - dead?

by Mark Drechsler -
Ok folks,

Ignore me - turns out there was a proxy that needed configuring in the installation, and repositories failing was an unfortunate side effect that didn't show up until we did some code debugging and all became clear. Now where's that plate of humble pie for me to warm up...

M.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers
When I read your post, I had flash backs to my very similar post only a few weeks ago (where I also ate humble pie!).

I'm wondering whether there are plans for some sort of test that admins can run to determine whether basic settings (like proxy values) have been configured correctly? I know the repository errors are not bugs per se, but there must be a more elegant/informative way of determining/reporting the cause of the error?

Thanks,
Michael
In reply to Michael Woods

by Mark Drechsler -
Partially relevant to this - I've added a feature request to get a 'test connection' function added to the Manage Repositories screen to help reduce the humble pie eating around the place. I've eaten enough lately.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mark,

Never mind external repositories, what about getting a decent internal Moodle repository such as the former "course files" space of former versions of Moodle. This is absolutely needed and the lack of that feature is - IMHO - a severe regression in Moodle 2.0.sad

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Course files in Moodle 2.0

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Joseph, you're right, we really need to figure out a good solution for course files in Moodle 2.0.

If you or anyone else has any ideas or suggestions, please join the discussion Course Files management in 2.0 in the Usability forum, or add a comment to the tracker issue 'META: Improve usability of new files structure for Moodle 1.9 users who want "Course files" back' MDL-23306.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)