New to Moodle Gradebooks

New to Moodle Gradebooks

by Shelly McKoy -
Number of replies: 3
I want to be able to incorporate the different grade scales inside of a course, but different assignments have different weighted values that I want to be calculated.  How exactly do I need to set this up?  I read through the material, and am not finding the full information that I need, or maybe I'm reading incorrectly.  I am running version 1.9.4. 
In reply to Shelly McKoy

Re: New to Moodle Gradebooks

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Shelly,
you can assign different weights to items via the gradebook.
Please go to Grades and switch the course or category aggregation method to Weighted Mean. Then you will see and will be able to enter weights for assignments.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Shelly McKoy -
After I make this change, can I set different weights for different courses and assignments.  Some of our courses have the same weights, but for a lot of courses the instructors use very different weight scales.
In reply to Shelly McKoy

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Shelly,
I think you are talking about settings interface for Admins (for whole installation)
You, or your instructors, can use weights on the level of the individual course.
Please go to a course, administration block > grades > categories and items, and set it there. This will not influence other courses smile