All users can see all courses

All users can see all courses

از Angela Evans در
Number of replies: 10
I have searched the forums for an answer and I have done everything I can to fix this problem. Please help!

As it stands, all of my students will be able to see all of my courses and post assignments in each, even if I haven't added them as a "student" within the course.

I have also made these changes.

Admin>users>permissions>assign system roles
Only admins and course creators are added

Admin>front page>front page roles
Only admin and teachers are listed

I have 2 course categories:
6th Grade & 7th Grade

Each of these categories have a Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies course under it.

I want only 6th graders to be able to access 6th grade courses and vice versa.

Please advise.

میانگین امتیازات:  -
In reply to Angela Evans

Re: All users can see all courses

از Mary Cooch در
عکس Documentation writers عکس Moodle HQ عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Testers عکس Translators
Hi there. Go to site administration>users>permissions>user policies and make sure your default role is Authenticated user and NOT student.
If that doesn't make a difference, post back and I will suggest some other ideassmile
(Additionally, you don't need admin to have a front page role - they can do everything anyway. And unless you want all your teachers to be able to edit your front page I wouldn't advise giving them a front page role either.)
In reply to Mary Cooch

از Denise Lewis در
Help...please! My users (all roles) are in all my courses. How can I assign users to specific courses.
In reply to Denise Lewis

از Chinmoyee Dash در
Denice,

If you have assigned roles on the front page, then that role will be for all the courses. It is always a good thing to go inside a course and then, assign roles to that course in specific.
In reply to Mary Cooch

از Claudia Bennett در

I am having the same problem with my students being able to move around to all courses.  The default role for all users was already set to authenticated Users. I changed the default setting in the course to Authenticated User, but that did not fix the issue.

In reply to Claudia Bennett

از Guillermo Madero در

What Moodle version?

In reply to Guillermo Madero

از Claudia Bennett در

looks like 1.9.8+

In reply to Claudia Bennett

از Guillermo Madero در

I've never seen Authenticated User as an option for a default setting in the course. Anyway, go to Course administration > Settings, and set the following parameters:

Enrolment plugins = Internal Enrolment
Default role = Student
Course enrollable = No

This way students won't be able to get into a course unless they have been specifically enrolled.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

از Claudia Bennett در

I think that in that scenario I would have to make the changes within each course.  Ideally, I would like to be able to make a global change to all students that would not allow them to see the other courses, unless the teacher enrolled them.  However I am beginning to think that that is not an option.  Sorry, I am extremely new to using a Moodles, and thank you.