Moodlel 2.0 :: Glossary display not satisfactory

Moodlel 2.0 :: Glossary display not satisfactory

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This issue is partly a Themes issue and partly a glossary/view php script one, I guess. The attached screenshot shows a Glossary in Simple, dictionary style view, which I take is the most common view setting of Glossaries in moodle sites. I find fault with the 5 following points, which all toghether concur to a total waste of space on the page and untidy display.

1. Why the arbitrary split of the alphabet listing in two lines? Much better have letters separated by ordinary (i.e. not non-breaking spaces) and allow for automatic wrap if list is too long (too wide) for display in narrower windows.
  2. Too much vertical space lost there.
  3. Wrongly placed colon after a line break, standing on its own. We've had this bug before in 1.9 and I thought it had been fixed.
  4. Too much vertical space lost there.
  5. Unsightly "alignment" of entries. Entries and definitions should be all left-aligned, not centered.

If you agree, vote for MDL-23360.wink

Joseph

Attachment image01.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Moodlel 2.0 :: Glossary display not satisfactory

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
There is no attached screenshot?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
well-sighted, Mary, -er- time to go to bed, I think...blush
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
oh- I thought this was going to be the Long Night of the Moodle Testing.....
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
big grin
Anyway, my suggestions for a better display of the Glossary have been implemented in MDL-23360. Many thanks to Andrew Davies.