Integrating social network features into moodle

Integrating social network features into moodle

by Ping Zhong -
Number of replies: 2
Hi, iam interesting in integrating social network features into moodle in nowadays college. just want to ask for some advice for this one, since the several benefits from such integration based my personal perspective are:

1. The authentication of files can be verified since is posted by the students within the college, as a result, each student from different courses or from different classes of the same course may share the knowledge with each other based on a mutual academic acknowledged condition, which means those files gain a more academic value than those who just randomly post in one's blog on internet.
therefore, students may add their friends based on one's future development plan and establish his own college networks.(it doesnt only help with the solving the academic problems but also enhance the study motivation through a virtual learning environment)

2. Presuming that a server may established between 2 cities,e.g.cork and dublin, such networking is enble students from 2 different univisities to connect through the server which connect through each moodle of those two universities. therefore, a more wider academic communication may establish and those moodle in those two universities can be well socialized.

finally moodle can both socialized within and out of a university.
I am trying to borrow the facebook theory and its "hot" popularity to add into moodle then transform moodle into a academic governed and giuided (since this is the reason for the development of LMS ) - but managed by students (a students-centered tool) - through a social networking method to support students' learning stratefy (therefore once student may well find their sources , which narrow down the question easily that save the most of time wasting on the useless finding in the wide internet. once such network eastablished, with the convinent course delivery and the well connected network, students may gain more valuable time and more motivation spending on their subject)

This is only a theory based way to help college students to manage their own study assets, anyone who like to advice me on that one, i will be grateful..

Marc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ping Zhong

Re: Integrating social network features into moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. Well yes, elements of this can be done already in Moodle (1) with forums and wikis for example and (2) with Moodle networking. But you might like to consider Mahara also which integrates with Moodle and does this very well.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Integrating social network features into moodle

by Ping Zhong -
hi thanks for the reply, however within a college moodle still are leacturer - centered since it's main function is to deliver study contexts to students. students are not be able to establish their own network in moodle in coollege..and another confusion is that what's the differences of the moodle in college and here..?