I need a course set up for me to edit and modify

I need a course set up for me to edit and modify

by David Cox -
Number of replies: 3
I am a teacher based in San Francisco and wish to use moodle to start a new course.

I am not skilled at IT or site management and was wondering if someone could help me set up a course that I can edit & play around with.

I am a film maker writer and instructor:

http://www.davidalbertcox.com

DC
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Cox

Re: I need a course set up for me to edit and modify

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi David,

I'd suggest you download and install Moodle onto your own computer to "edit and play around with". If you are familiar with downloading and installing other applications it shouldn't be too difficult (I managed it and I'm just an English teacher ).

If you're not, I'm sure you have a friend who can help.

For Windows download here.
For Mac download here.

Cheers,
Glenys

In reply to David Cox

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi David,

Like Glenys, I am just an English teacher, but I managed to install Moodle using the links she suggested. This is great for just editing and playing around. If you want to use it for students, you will have to try a secure server--not this, which is just a personal test bed for Moodle.

For the next stage, http://keytoschool.com is better because they have added numerous optional modules that you may like to try. It is also secure and ready to use for students.

And the stage after that, a full-scale institutional Moodle site, I recommend a Moodle Partner or setting up your own server.

Don
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Glenys and Don - you made me smilebig grin "just an English teacher".. there's no "just" about what you do in Moodle - and being an English teacher is a very honorable calling!
Mary (just a French teacher...)
Thank goodness Moodle is designed for people who are "just..."