Strange error I cannot reproduce...

Strange error I cannot reproduce...

by Jason Neiffer -
Number of replies: 1
Hello Moodle community:

I am having a strange error that I cannot reproduce locally.

I am running a Moodle instance on sharing hosting for a small summer school pilot for a statewide virtual school. We are running with managed hosting service this fall with Moodlerooms, but, for now we are using the shared hosting for 60 students.

I am having reports that students in their remote locations are not able to log in. They log in and it sends them back to the main Moodle screen like they aren't logged in. No error; no dialogue about why, just back to the main screen.

Interestingly, the student shows up as logged in on the main "who is logged in" block, but, their screen acts as if they are logged out.

There are two curious thoughts:

1.) For some of my home users, using FireFox seems to clean this up, but not for all.

2.) For my users in a computer lab at a partner school, they only have IE as an option. But, interestingly, someone with admin access is logged in, no problems. With a student then logs in on the same computer and tries with their more limited account, the error is reproduced.

Any thoughts on this one??!

Thanks,
Jason
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Neiffer

Re: Strange error I cannot reproduce...

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Seems there is some issue with IE here... but there is also a problem elsewhere. Can you check the logs, and the server logs, there might be something there. This is not right and for me, I would be scouring user permissions first then configuration settings. The server first.